We don’t eat meat on Mondays…. Happy Meatless Monday everybody! I know pizza is typically reserved for Friday nights, at least in my house anyways, but I couldn’t resist giving this recipe a try tonight. It is only about 10 minutes of prep and 15 total time cooking!
I didn’t try feeding this recipe to the boys, vegan pizza with a portabello mushroom cap might be a little bit much for my bro and dad to wrap their heads around. BUT if the men in your life don’t mind going vegan for a night, they might just find 5 of these as an acceptable meal.
Vegan Portabello Mushroom Cap Pizza Recipe
- 1 Portabello Mushroom Cap
- 1/3 Cup
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Vegan Kite Hill Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- Sprinkle of Oregano and Basil
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash portabello mushroom, cut out steam and hollow out inside about half way down
- Sprinkle in some oregano, basil, minced garlic, and oregano
- Evenly spread pizza sauce and add ricotta cheese on top
- Sprinkle a little more basil and oregano, then pop in the over for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and enjoy your vegan pizza you veggie eating goddess
If you don’t know yet, I’m absolutely obsessed with Kite Hill Cheese. Its one of the few brands of vegan cheese that is SOY FREE! I’m very picky about what I put in my body but we really shouldn’t be eating soy, unless its fermented ( that is if you can tolerate even that). Most soy today is made from GMO soy beans, things none of us want to put in our bodies.
The take away, STAY AWAY FROM SOY BABES!
Bite Me, With Love