Bowl… drink.. smoothie…. Idk whatever you want to call it… I make it in a blender so part of me wants to call it a drink, but I eat it out of a bowl so the other part of me wants to just call it a bowl.. haha I can’t decide… I think I’ll stick with the term bowl.
On to the bowl.. It’s full of vitamins, minerals, and leaky gut healing collagen protein. Your probably wondering why it is so vibrantly green.. its cuz it has lots of spinach in it! Lets hear if for a nice healthy dose of IRON ( which many women, especially menstruating, are deficient it!). Plus the addition of camu camu powder (vitamin C) makes the iron more likely to be absorbed by the body. Theres your health tid bit for the day haha
On to the recipe….
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Scoops or tbsp of Gelatin Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Stevia, THE GREEN KIND, as always
- 1 Tsp Camu Camu
- Pinch of Salt
- Pour water into blender and add stevia, vanilla extract, a little salt and camu camu
- Then add celery and spinach
- BLEND on high speed till well mashed, add more water if not liquidy
- Switch blender to a low speed and slowly poor in gelatin powder 1 tbsp at a time
- Once all gelatin has been added set blender to high for about 20 seconds, then transfer liquid to bowl.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for about an hour or for a quick 10 minutes in freezer if you don’t feel like waiting. Just be sure to check on it!
- Remove from fridge or freezer and it should have a sort of jelly like consistency, add your toppings!
Have you tried any other toppings than the ones I’ve mentioned? Let me know below!!
Bite Me, With Love
Cabbage for DESSERT? Why yes my confused foodie, its slightly bitter taste goes nice with spicy ginger, and mild cauliflower. Not to mention its beautiful purple color makes a pretty bold statement on any table! Don’t forget EAT PRETTY, BE PRETTY!
1/2 Cup Purple Cabbage 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Cup Chopped Cauliflower 1 Tbsp Ceylon Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Freshly Chopped Ginger 3 Tsp Maca Root Powder
2 Stalks Celery 1 Tsp Camu Camu Powder
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp Diatomaceous Earth
1/2 Tsp Green Stevia
- Place cauliflower, celery, ginger, and cabbage into pan with 1 cup water and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat then simmer for about 5 minutes
- Carefully pour veggies and water into blender or food processor
- blend on high until all veggies have been reduced to a pulp, add a little more water if needed
- Add collagen, diatomaceous earth, stevia, cinnamon lemon juice and maca root powder
- Blend again, then remove from blender and transfer to a bowl, add coconut flour and camu camu. The reason I reserve camu camu till the end is to allow the veggies to cool, vitamin C is destroyed in high heat. I add coconut at the end also to determine how much flour I need to thicken the bowl, use your own judgement!
- Sprinkle chia seeds on top and stick a spoon in it!
Fun Food Facts
Maca Root: Helps increase LIBIDO, ENERGY, and CONCENTRATION, check out my favorite brand on amazon, The Maca Team, sourced directly from Peru, it’s one of the highest quality Maca products I have found. They also have very valuable information on their website. <= Learn MORE about Maca!
Camu Camu Powder: Contains more vitamin C than any other food on the planet! Found on amongst the low growing shrubbery in Peru and Brazil. Due to its HIGH VITAMIN C content, Camu Camu is very effective for boosting immunity. I take 2 tsp per day when I feel a cold coming on, I haven’t had a cold in over a year now since making this valuable fruit a part of my healthy lifestyle. I love this brand, sourced directly from alongside the Amazon River!
Fresh Raw Ginger: Fresh ginger in or before a meal stimulates DIGESTIVE JUICES to help you body best assimilate the nutrients its about to receive! And it’s an awesome ANTI-INFLAMMATORY herb.
Diatomaceous Earth: Intestinal cleanser, because it is slightly abrasive it is very effective at detoxing the gut and removing toxic metals. PLUS it is also high in silica, one of the worlds forgotten minerals. A mineral that is imperative to the functioning of our essential organs, like heart, liver, and lungs. I say forgotten because with the quality of today’s soil it is harder and harder to get it from our diet. When purchasing ALWAYS remember to buy FOOD GRADE!
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Comment if you want to hear more about any of the other health enhancing ingredients!
Bout that time of year again where we start eating pumpkin every damn dayy.. until we get sick of it. Which usually doesn’t happen till about Christmas when us health nuts switch over to winter squash or my personal favorite, spaghetti squash!
Although the beloved pumpkin is obviously a fall food, I think this little recipe is good all year round. If makes a nice breakfast or low sugar dessert! Plus its SUPER simple if you have no time!
1 Cup pumpkin puree
1Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tsp green stevia
1 Tsp cocoa nibs
1 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- place pumpkin in bowl and mix in stevia, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon
- mix in salt to taste
- sprinkle top with pumpkin seeds and enjoy
Bite Me, With Love