Cabbage for DESSERT? Why yes my confused foodie, its slightly bitter taste goes nice with spicy ginger, and mild cauliflower. Not to mention its beautiful purple color makes a pretty bold statement on any table! Don’t forget EAT PRETTY, BE PRETTY!
1/2 Cup Purple Cabbage 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Cup Chopped Cauliflower 1 Tbsp Ceylon Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Freshly Chopped Ginger 3 Tsp Maca Root Powder
2 Stalks Celery 1 Tsp Camu Camu Powder
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp Diatomaceous Earth
1/2 Tsp Green Stevia
- Place cauliflower, celery, ginger, and cabbage into pan with 1 cup water and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat then simmer for about 5 minutes
- Carefully pour veggies and water into blender or food processor
- blend on high until all veggies have been reduced to a pulp, add a little more water if needed
- Add collagen, diatomaceous earth, stevia, cinnamon lemon juice and maca root powder
- Blend again, then remove from blender and transfer to a bowl, add coconut flour and camu camu. The reason I reserve camu camu till the end is to allow the veggies to cool, vitamin C is destroyed in high heat. I add coconut at the end also to determine how much flour I need to thicken the bowl, use your own judgement!
- Sprinkle chia seeds on top and stick a spoon in it!
Fun Food Facts
Maca Root: Helps increase LIBIDO, ENERGY, and CONCENTRATION, check out my favorite brand on amazon, The Maca Team, sourced directly from Peru, it’s one of the highest quality Maca products I have found. They also have very valuable information on their website. <= Learn MORE about Maca!
Camu Camu Powder: Contains more vitamin C than any other food on the planet! Found on amongst the low growing shrubbery in Peru and Brazil. Due to its HIGH VITAMIN C content, Camu Camu is very effective for boosting immunity. I take 2 tsp per day when I feel a cold coming on, I haven’t had a cold in over a year now since making this valuable fruit a part of my healthy lifestyle. I love this brand, sourced directly from alongside the Amazon River!
Fresh Raw Ginger: Fresh ginger in or before a meal stimulates DIGESTIVE JUICES to help you body best assimilate the nutrients its about to receive! And it’s an awesome ANTI-INFLAMMATORY herb.
Diatomaceous Earth: Intestinal cleanser, because it is slightly abrasive it is very effective at detoxing the gut and removing toxic metals. PLUS it is also high in silica, one of the worlds forgotten minerals. A mineral that is imperative to the functioning of our essential organs, like heart, liver, and lungs. I say forgotten because with the quality of today’s soil it is harder and harder to get it from our diet. When purchasing ALWAYS remember to buy FOOD GRADE!
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Comment if you want to hear more about any of the other health enhancing ingredients!