I make a lot of things and they usually taste pretty good, but for a long time now I have always wanted to make own form of nut or seed butter, but thought it was too daunting or just a little over my head. I now am here to tell you that ANYONE can make nut butter! It was very easy and man it was delicious! Heres how I did it…
- 2 cups soaked and dehydrated pumpkin seeds or buy these
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp stevia
- salt to taste
- get out your food processor ladies!
- place pumpkin seeds in food processor
- turn on food processor, not on pulse and allow to mix for 2 minutes or however long it takes your food processor to get hot ( you don’t want the food processor to get too hot because the heat can destroy the nutrients in the pumpkin seeds)
- scrap down the sides of the food processor and continue “proc
essing” in intervals of 30 secs- 1 min until the pumpkin seeds are to a almost butter consistency
- add in coconut oil and pulse until thoroughly mixed, meaning it looks like a almond butter would look
- add in stevia and salt to taste and process until mixed well and voila you have your pumpkin seed butter!