Sounds Delicious.. right?! seriously though I never thought I would eat sardines either until I found out how amazing they are for your health and how much my body probably needed them! First things first, here the recipe.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pack of sardines ( I use Wild Atlantic)
- squeeze of lime juice (about a tsp)
- salt and pepper to taste
- slice open avocado and spoon into bowl
- mince garlic and toss in with the avocado along with salt, pepper, and lime juice
- smash that ‘cado and get the flavors all flowing
- once thourghly smashed add chopped onion and tomatoes and mix
- lastly add in the sardines, season how you like
- I use a red bell pepper all sliced up as my dipping utensil!
Now that you mouth is probably watering … said no one ever about sardines, here are the health benefits.
– Hella proteins and when trying to get strong and toned, that exactly what you need
– Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids ( who needs fish oil pills now that you can make this delicious treat!)
-Hands up! …Put down the milk.. sardines are one of the highest sources of calcium, great for those of us who can’t have diary. p.s conventional dairy is full of terrible hormones anyways… AVOID
-Good source of selenium.. you want selenium just fyi. Brazil nuts are a great source too but sardines don’t contain the much debated phytic acid!
Those are just a few added health benefits of sardines, if you want to find out more check out this page.
Remember I’m not a doctor, or a nutritionist, or even a personal trainer.. yet, so this is not medical advice, its simply a little research I have dug up cuz I was CURIUS. ( yes I meant to spell that wrong.. curius, say it slow and focus on the U, I think it just sounds cute.
This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Blondie Bites Blog shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.