With all the health benefits this little drink has to offer, it really is like gold! It’s anti-inflammatory, aids in digestion, supports immune system and detoxing, includes antioxidants, and even helps to boost metabolism. If you want more info head over to Jahmu Ghai, they make prepackaged spice mixes with all the healthy goodies!
P.S. FOR ALL MY WORKOUT WARRIORS: This drink is great post-workout turmeric can help decrease your inflammation and pain associated with lifting weights. I swear I feel better after a tough workout if I have 2 tsp of turmeric in whatever throughout the day.
I make my own so my recipe is a simplified version! You can make a big batch of this stuff by just multiplying the values as long as you stick to the ratio! This can be consumed hot or cold, with milk (hopefully not dairy) or water. I prefer coconut milk so that is what I have used in the recipe below!
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon ( only buy ceylon cinnamon, I’ll post about this later, but just trust me!)
- 1 cup coconut milk ( amazon only has buy in bulk option, but this is the brand you want! Nothing but coconut and water in here!)
- 2 tsp stevia or sweetener of choice
- get out our blender ladies, I love blenders.. anyways..
- If you want a heated beverage heat coconut milk on stove on medium heat, you don’t want it to boil, just warm it and pour it into the blender If you want a cold beverage then just add coconut milk without heating it!
- Lastly add all the spices and blend away… yup thats its it, now drink up that liquid sunshine!
Let me know how you like it! Have you ever tried turmeric as a post workout pain relief, and has it worked for you?