Heres a list of some of my favorite superfood bone broth add ins! Along with why they are so good!
- Dulse Seaweed flakes or full leaf: Because I’m hoping most of you have put down that table salt already, Dulse is rich in iodine, a mineral we traditionally got from table salt. By removing table salt from the equation we lost our most prominent source. Iodine is needs for all sort of things in the body, one being regulating thyroid health! If you haven’t throw out your table salt yet, its time to switch to Himalayan sea salt, it is mineral packed substitute that is slightly lower in sodium.
- Collagen Powder: Talk about one of the cleanest forms of protein, seriously this is way better than any protein powder you can buy at the store. Plus the cows are grass-fed pasture raised in Brazil.. no grains here! Not only is collagen great for workout gains, specifically bovine(cow) collagen, is known to enhance hair, skin, and nails! Collagen has been effective helping to heal leaky gut and other digestive issues. Interestingly, it’s said that chicken collagen is more effective for these types of issues.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid meaning it is more readily metabolized by the body, i.e it’s a great quick energy source, and is burned off more easily. Not only can coconut oil, when used right, be a great dieting tool, but it also has antimicrobial properties. Ladies with candida, coconut oil is especially for you!
- Basil Has sooo many beneficial properties its an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and even a liver protector. Find out more here
- Thyme: Studies have shown that there is a carvacrol found in thyme that may have mood boosting benefits! Have some happy broth hah!
- Rosemary: Antioxidants! Rosemary has an ORAC value of 3,300! Thats about the same as Gogi berries!
- Garlic Cloves: You’ve got to buy these at the store, amazon doesn’t have a full produce line.. yet haha I won’t be surprised if they do. But anyways garlic has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Add some garlic to your broth especially if you feel a cold coming on!
Axe, J., Dr. (n.d.). Top 4 Rosemary Oil Uses and Benefits – DrAxe.com. Retrieved October 13, 2016, from https://draxe.com/rosemary-oil-uses-benefits/
Garlic Centre, Battle, East Sussex, United Kingdom. (2001, July/August). Result Filters. Retrieved October 13, 2016, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11697022
Bergsson, G., Arnfinnsson, J., Steingrímsson, Ó, & Thormar, H. (2001, November). In Vitro Killing of Candida albicans by Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides. Retrieved October 13, 2016, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC90807/
Mercola, J., Dr. (n.d.). Himalayan Salt | Pure Cooking Salt. Retrieved October 13, 2016, from http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/
M., M., M., P., S., P., & L. (2014, May 24). Carvacrol: From Ancient Flavoring to Neuromodulatory Agent. Retrieved October 13, 2016, from http://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/18/6/6161
Baliga MS1, Jimmy R, Thilakchand KR, Sunitha V, Bhat NR, Saldanha E, Rao S, Rao P, Arora R, Palatty PL. (2013). Result Filters. Retrieved October 13, 2016, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23682780