Brr, it’s starting to feel a lot like winter out there. We’ve got our blow up snowman perched on our dock right now. I believe winter has officially begun.
During this time of year our bodies need warming foods, not only physically warm but also energetically. Spices like Turmeric, Cinnamon, Ginger, and Curry will help warm the body from the inside out.
IMPORTANT: When Turmeric is paired with black pepper it’s bioavailability increases, meaning it will be even more effective in helping stop fight inflammation, making joints less painful and stiff!
5 Large Roasted Carrots
2 Garlic Cloves
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Ginger Root
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Rosemary
1 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
1 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
Himalayan Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- Rub a medium glass baking dish with red palm oil then place carrots and onions in and roast in oven at 350 for about 20 minutes
- While waiting for carrots prepare 1 cup of boiling water to add to blender/ food processor once carrots are done
- When carrots are cooked, remove from oven an place carrots and onions in your blender or food processor along with boiled water, ginger, garlic, and all the spices.
- Remove from mixing machine of choice and gently mix in coconut oil.
NUTRIENT SPOTLIGHT: Gingerol
What is it?
Gingerol is the bioactive component in ginger, responsible for it’s strong flavor and a number of it’s health benefits.
What it can do for you:
- Decrease inflammation throughout the body
- Decrease oxidation with it’s antioxidant properties
- Aid in digestion, without proper digestion food molecules aren’t being assimilated and could even be causing more harm than good. If you have any sort of tummy ache a good ginger tea should be your go-to move.
Bite Me, With Love