Have you eaten Mung Beans before? I had never tried them before I made this recipe, and man I was impressed, they are actually super tasty and 1 cup contains a full serving of your daily folate intake!
Folate: An essential B vitamin, that is not only important for soon to be mothers but people just living out their everyday lives as well. The natural form of this vitamin, folate is what we should be emphasizing in our diets, not the synthetic form FOLIC ACID. Depending on your genetic composition you actually may be doing more harm than good if your loading up on folic acid!
Read more here => Ben Lynch Folic Acid.
Now that your convinced you should be getting the natural form of B9, folate, whip up the following recipe and get yourself a healthy dose of the stuff!
1 Applegate Chicken Sausage
1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
1 Chopped Scallion
1 Sliced Zucchini
1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 Tbsp Rosemary
1 Tbsp Thyme
5 Fresh Basil Leaves
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree
2. Coat glass baking dish with coconut oil
3. Mix chopped zucchini in a bowl with onion, scallion, rosemary, ginger, thyme, basil,
1 garlic clove and a pinch of salt
4. Transfer zucchini mix to baking pan and set in the oven for about 10 minutes
5. While waiting for oven, prepare Mung Beans according to package, add 1 garlic clove to the boiling water
6. After 10 minutes remove veggies from the oven and add chicken sausage, put back in over for another 5-8 minutes depending on if the veggies need more time.
7. While waiting for oven again, remove Mung Beans and plate them with olives and olive oil, add a pinch of salt if desired.
8. When zucchini and chicken is all roasted, and chicken has warmed plate them and Bammmm you have made your yummy bowl in about 30 minutes!
Bite Me, With Love
Did you learn something new about folate vs. folic acid?