Mmm so I made this tonight for dinner an YUM… all about it! Traditionally people go for a potato leek soup but I wanted to switch it up and create a lower carb version, hence the cauliflower. I actually got the leeks and bone broth from a local farmer, which I was super pumped about. I’m sure most of you probably don’t live near me but check out White Gate Farm if your ever in East Lyme, Connecticut.
Anyways this soup is great on a chilly fall night and it makes enough for a family of four or in my case, lunch for 3 days. Thats the extent of my meal planning. Meal planning is something I could definitely use some direction with. So if you have any meal planning tips post em’ in the comments and if not just enjoy some cauliflower leek soup!
1 Head Cauliflower
1 Tsp Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
3 Large Leeks
2 Cloves Fresh Garlic Minced
1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- Cook Bacon in pot on medium heat
- Once Cooked remove from pan and set aside, leave grease in pot and add coconut oil if you think you need more oil
- Pour chopped leeks into pot to sauté
- While leeks are sautéing, cut the cauliflower into florets and add in with Leeks
- Add bone broth, garlic, ground cumin, thyme, and salt and pepper to the pot, and increase heat to high. Once the soup starts to boil, reduce to medium-low heat and simmer until the cauliflower is tender (about 20 minutes depending on the size of the florets).
- When cauliflower is tender, remove from heat and puree using blender, CAREFUL THAT SHIT IS HOT!
- Add Olive Oil to puree once it has cooled slightly, olive oil is not meant for high heat cooking but adds a nice flavor
- Garnish with bacon, parsley, and chives for a pretty plate effect.. definitely insta-worthy. Side Note: I didn’t have any fresh chives or parsley but bacon still made a nice topping
Bite Me, With Love