You have never made a healthy dish with so little effort. For the longest time I was so intimidated by poaching fish. I don’t know if any of you are, but let me tell you .. it is sooo freaking easy its not even funny. It’s just about as easy as making mac n’ cheese from a kraft box. But WAY more HEALTHY. Just follow my recipe below and you’ll have a healthy omega 3 fatty acid packed meal in less than 15 minutes!
If you want to know where I get my special flavored grassfed ghee read past the recipe card!
3 -4 oz Salmon Filet Skin on or off ( I LOVE the skin)
1/2 Yellow Onion sliced
2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
2 Tsp Garlic Scape Flavored Ghee ( My mom’s friend owns this brand.. such a fan!)
2 Cups of Greens of choice
1 Tsp Dill
1 Sprinkle Rosemary
Pinch of Salt
- Add 2 cups of water to a pot add sliced onion, dill, rosemary, salt, and garlic cloves, set on high and wait for pot to boil
- Let boil for two minutes, then add salmon filet and greens, leave uncovered and let cook for 5-6 minutes or until salmon is a light pink
- Once cooked remove from heat and strain onions, greens and salmon out, reserving the water. You can actually use it as a soup or post meal tea. Think about it you basically just made a dill and rosemary tea, hello herbal benefits.
- On a plate arrange your salmon, greens and onions in a cute little way to make yourself feel accomplished
- Smear that lovely ghee over your salmon, onions, and greens, and feel accomplished you just made a delicious meal in like less than 10 minutes.. go girl.