So I like onions, like LOVE onions.. and garlic… I’m just the best on dates. But fuck it I like what I like and if the other human can’t deal with my love of garlic and onions… then as I say … BYEEEEEE. The reason I say this is that this medley is basically just a mix of sautéd garlic and onions with a little bit of red pepper. I promise its more appetizing than it sounds.
This recipe has a nice Mexican flavor too it, with a zest of lime for freshness.. nom nom. You can definitely add protein to it, just this particular day I was feeling like having a alkalizing day and stuck to my veggies. I won’t make you listen to my veggie spiel before the recipe so, if your interested I’ll have a post up here later about it!
1/2 a Red Onion Chopped
1/2 a Yellow Onion
1 Chopped Red Bell Pepper
2 Chopped Garlic Scapes
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
2 Slices of Lime
1/2 Avocado Sliced
1 Tbsp Organic Chili Powder ( sugar free) .. trust me they sneak that shit in EVERYWHERE
Himalayan Sea Salt to Taste
Optional : 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast for a little cheesy like addition
- Heat coconut oil, in a frying pan ( I prefer this cast iron one)
- Add in onions, garlic, garlic scapes, chili powder, and a little salt. Cook on medium for 5 minutes
- Add in pepper and cook for another 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add lime juice, nutritional yeast if desired and top with sliced avocado!
- Your done, how fucking easy was that, and now you have a alkalizing, prebiotic rich, lunch.
Bite Me, With Love