This can’t be healthy you must be thinking.. Bacon? Really? I can have bacon and still be healthy? Yes, yes you can. The key is to get organic bacon from my favorite brand, Applegate or a local butcher you know and trust.
This Bacon lovers dream is surprisingly simple and quick to make.
So it’s that easy, trust me your man will thank you for some real man food. He might be sick of salads at this point of the summer. This recipe is also totally kid approved, if you use small chicken breasts you can make more bite sized versions! They even make a great snack for adults.
I’ve written out the ingredient list below along with a link to Applegate’s page so you can see what their products look like. And heres another copy of recipe for an easy print out!
- 2 Organic Medium Sized Chicken Breasts
- 1 Package of Applegate Organic Bacon
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
- Garlic Powder
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- Juice from 2 Lime Slivers
- Preheat oven to 450
- Mix avocado, chopped tomato, onion, minced garlic, lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl to make the guacamole
- Slice chicken breast evenly down the middle to create a pock to place the guacamole in, leave one side of the “pocket” closed so the gauc won’t slip out.
- Season chicken with little salt, pepper, and chili spice.
- Stuff chicken with guac and fold pocket over, wrap in bacon. Use as many pieces as you need to cover the whole chicken, this will vary depending on size.
- Heat skillet on stove top and cook bacon wrapped chicken for about 5 minutes each side so the bacon gets a little crispy
- Then pop into the oven for the remaining 20 minutes. Take out and a satisfying bacon meal.