Surprise… SARDINES!! It’s not even a surprise anymore is it? I’m sorry I know my obsession is a little over the top but when you mix them with things you really forget that they are even in there. This recipe has a sort of asian feel with the coconut aminos, ginger, and cumin.
And, with inflammation bashing superstar turmeric, and side kick black pepper for increased absorption, your body will thank you the rest of the week.
If you REALLY HATE sardines, then swap them out for some organic chicken or black beans if you want to keep an all veggie vibe.
- Cook brown rice according to packaging
- After about 20 minutes of the rice cooking, add in turmeric, ginger, tomato, pepper, and a little bit of salt.
- Cover and continue to let simmer until rice is cooked
- While waiting debone sardines and slice cucumbers
- Once rice is done, mix in cucumbers and coconut aminos and top with the sardines!