Not sure what to make for your Cinco de Mayo party full of friends with all sorts of foodie preferences?! Well don’t worry, you’ll keep your gluten intolerant, vegan, and soy avoiding pregnant friends all satisfied with my recipes, which follow The Food Standards criteria.
Easy Peasy Guac
If you’ve gotta keep it a little more normal or vegan don’t add the sardines but for your daring, health loving friends this is sure to impress. I would suggest multiplying the recipe by whatever number of people you plan on entertaining or hoard it all to yourself… I eat the whole thing.. I don’t share.
- 1 avocado for each person you think you will be feeding I do a whole one even when its just me though .. I’m a little obsessed
- 1 medium tomato chopped into little squares
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1/2 a lime
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper
- optional Sardines
Method: This is the least messiest and efficient way I have come up with to make Guac
- cut avocado long way, remove pit with spoon and peel off outer skin
- place avocado in bowl or molecajete <= exact one I have + PRIME
- add 1/2 lime, some salt and pepper, garlic and onion
- smash and bash it, way easier with molecajete! <= cheapest for sale on amazon
- add tomatoes and more delicately spread them out
- Volia! you have made you Guac now serve!
For the boys: gluten free corn chips, sweet potato chips
For the health conscious folk: all the colors bell peppers, chicken breast, shrimp, jicama
If you’re having a nice sit down kind of meal or have a crock pot you can leave on the serving table, your guests are sure to get a KICK outta this one. You don’t have to add the cayenne but whats Cinco de Mayo without a little spice!
1/2 Cup Soaked Black Beans
2 Cups Filtered Water
2 Cloves Garlic
1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
Fresh Squeeze of Lime Juice
Optional: 2 Scoops Vital Proteins Collagen
- Add water, onions, garlic, and black beans to small sauce pan
- Set on high heat until boiling, once boiling reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 35 minutes or until beans are soft
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, pepper, salt, and lime juice, continue to simmer for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl, plop in the coconut oil and collagen and enjoy!
* A sprinkle of Cilantro is also a nice touch! Plus its a awesome for removing excess heavy metals and is a great source of vitamin A.
Spiced Up Chicken
Real simple people, ya take some chicken ya take some spices, you add some cute bowls with salsa, plain unsweetened greek yogurt, and the guac… everybody is happy, except your vegan and vegetarian friends.. soo make the veggie dip I suggest next.
- 2 lbs Organic Chicken Breast
- 2 Limes
- 1 Chopped Yellow Onion
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- Freshly chopped bundle of Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
For the Spices, adjust according to your preference I did about a tbsp of each besides the chili, I did a 1/4 to really coat everything
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Cayenne
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Chop up chicken breast to bite sized pieces and coat in lime juice, and spices
- Heat sauce pan on medium heat and melt coconut oil, add seasoned chicken, onions, 1/2 the cilantro and garlic
- Cook on medium till chicken is no longer pink
- Once cooked remove from pan place on serving plate and sprinkle with leftover cilantro
Vegan Fiesta Dip
Everyone loves veggies and dip, especially your vegan and vegetarian friends, but don’t forget they wont enjoy something thats made out of dairy! This dip is the ULTIMATE solution.
- 1 Container Kite Hill Almond Yogurt Plain and Unsweetened
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- Squeeze of Lime
- Himalyian Sea Salt To Taste
Find your serving bowl, add the yogurt, and the flavorings and volia, your done.
If it is looking a little watery, don’t be afraid to add a little coconut flour just to thicken in up!
What are you cooking for Cinco De Mayo?!