I love cheese. Cheese was one of the hardest things for me to give up once I switched my lifestyle. I tried for a while to find a good substitute, but there wasn’t much in the way of store bought options. So I decided to do a little research and find my own way of making “cheese”. Thanks to, A Squirrel in the Kitchen’s zucchini cheese recipe, I was able to come up with my own version that worked best for me.
This was my first try, I forgot to peel the zucchini first .. HAH.. normally its more yellow!
2 Cups Sliced and Peeled Zucchini
1 Cup Water
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 Scoops Vital Proteins Gelatin
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Add water to sauce pan and bring to boil then add zucchini, and steam
- Once zucchini has softened ( about 4 minutes) transfer water and zucchini to blender or food processor
- Add garlic clove, coconut oil, salt, pepper, and any other desired spices to flavor the “cheese”blend until creamy
- Add in nutritional yeast, gelatin and then blend again until fully mixed
- Transfer mixture to pyrex dish of choice and pop in refrigerator. The depth of your dish will determine how long the mixture needs to stay in the refrigerator The deeper the dish the longer the refrigerating process.
*If you want to make this in a hurry use a shallow dish and place in freezer for about 3o minutes and bam you’ve got some gluten free, diary free, soy free cheese!
Whats your favorite kind of cheese? I’ll try and tweak the recipe to see if I can get it to taste that way!