I make a lot of things and they usually taste pretty good, but for a long time now I have always wanted to make own form of nut or seed butter, but thought it was too daunting or just a little over my head. I now am here to tell you that ANYONE can make nut butter! It was very easy and man it was delicious! Heres how I did it…
- 2 cups soaked and dehydrated pumpkin seeds or buy these =>
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Green Stevia
- Salt to taste
- Get out your food processor ladies!
- Place pumpkin seeds in food processor
- Turn on food processor, not on pulse and allow to mix for 2 minutes or however long it takes your food processor to get hot ( you don’t want the food processor to get too hot because the heat can destroy the nutrients in the pumpkin seeds)
- Scrap down the sides of the food processor and continue “processing” in intervals of 30 secs- 1 min until the pumpkin seeds are to a almost butter consistency
- Add in coconut oil and pulse until thoroughly mixed, meaning it looks like a almond butter would look
- Add in stevia and salt to taste and process until mixed well and voila you have your pumpkin seed butter!
WHY make your own homemade pumpkin seed butter?
– When most companies produce it, they make large batches, meaning a lot of heat is needed to get the pumpkin seeds to grind into a fine butter. The higher the heat the more likely the heat sensitive nutrients in pumpkin seeds will be rendered useless!
– Its hard to find organic sprouted pumpkin seed butter that costs less than what you can make it for at home. But if you don’t feel like making it, checkout Dastony, on amazon for Organic Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seed Butter. I can’t say anything about how much heat they use but awesome option if your feeling lazy one week.
Want to know how to MAKE your own GROUND FLAX SEEDS, without having their nutrients be destroyed by too much heat?!