Don’t tell me you don’t have time to eat healthy.. I made this DELICIOUS salad in under 5 minutes. It takes just about 5 minutes to heat up one of those microwave meals or wait inline at McDonalds so if you have time for either one of those things, this salad is for you.
1 Handful Mâche Greens
1 Fingertip Full ( 1/4 cup-ish) Broccoli Microgreens
2 Tsp Coconut Oil
1 Sprinkle ( 1 tsp) Fennel Seeds
1 Toss (1 tbsp) Dried Rosemary
Fresh Lemon Squeezed
Pinch of Black Pepper
- Chop up sausage
- Heat skillet with 1 tsp coconut oil and throw in sausage, rosemary and fennel
- While warming up sausage place all your greens in a bowl and squeeze some lemon over it
- After about 3 minutes of the sausage heating place them and the toasted fennel seeds and rosemary onto salad
- Place the other tsp of coconut oil into pan and let melt then drizzle over salad
- Finish with black pepper and Volia you have a health enhancing salad in less than 5 minutes
WHY so GOOD for your HEALTH?? Wellllll..
- Broccoli Microgreens: 3- 10 day old microgreens contain 10-100 times more of the cancer fighting compounds found in mature broccoli. They are also surprisingly a good source of vitamins E and K!
- Coconut Oil: I hope everyone knows by now but, great for fighting unwanted gut microbes ( thank you Lauric Acid) and is medium chain fatty acid, meaning it is sent directly to the liver and used immediately for energy, rather than being converted to fat.
- Rosemary: In 100g serving it contains 18% of your vitamin A needs and 35% of your daily Calcium needs. Not to mention its high in antioxidants and is antibacterial.
- Fennel Seeds:Digestion, Digestion, Digestion, can help relieve any of those lovely side affect associated with indigestion.
- Mâche Greens: Lots of Vitamin C and 14 times more Pro Vitamin A than Iceburg Lettuce! Plus good source of Potassium and Calcium.