BRRRR It’s chilly here today so I decided to make some soup, its in the 40s so I am very cold. I haven’t quiet adjusted to this whole “northern lifestyle” yet. Any ” how to stay warm tips” would be greatly appreciated.
Anwayss, I soaked some black beans the other day and wanted to make some use of them, so I made a Mexican inspired soup that includes a few Super Foods! Plus it packs a hefty dose of protein if you add in the collagen!
1/2 Cup Soaked Black Beans
2 Cups Filtered Water
2 Cloves Garlic
1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
Fresh Squeeze of Lime Juice
Optional: 2 Scoops Vital Proteins Collagen
- Add water, onions, garlic, and black beans to small sauce pan
- Set on high heat until boiling, once boiling reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 35 minutes or until beans are soft
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, pepper, salt, and lime juice, continue to simmer for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl, plop in the coconut oil and collagen and enjoy!
* A sprinkle of Cilantro is also a nice touch! Plus its a awesome for removing excess heavy metals and is a great source of vitamin A.